RESIDENCE OF SOUND CREATION ARTS AL NORD · 2023
The Sound Creation Residence program targets artists who use sound as a tool of contemporary research and creation, whether in the making of experimental music pieces, sound installations, performances, concerts that hybridize visuals and sound art, etc. The call is open to artists from around the world who need time and space to dedicate it to research and creation projects in process or new creation.
We are particularly interested in projects with critical and constructive approaches, those that are delighted in knowing and relating to the local context from curiosity and non-judge. Also those who propose alternative narratives by hybridizing topics of interest and/or experimenting with formats and languages.
A proposal will be chosen to stay at Casa d’Artistes residence (Menorca) from 7 to 27 August 2023.
What is on offer?
- Lodging (rated at 460 €/month) in Casa d’Artistes residence. It includes fully equipped room. Also shared spaces: kitchen, bathroom, living room and library.
- Workspace at Casa d’Artistes. All workspaces are shared (polyvalent workshop, coworking space, etc.)
- Travels back and forth, in case the artist is from outside the island (up to 150 € for travels in Spain and 350 € for travels in the European Union). The purchase of tickets will be managed by the Es Far Cultural association.
- Fees of 600 €, by issuing invoice.
- The artist will take advantage of the residence for research or creation related to the research, artistic practice or project presented.
- The artist undertakes to participate in an activity open to the public in which the project developed during the period of residence is disclosed. The format of activity can be a concert, a sound installation, a performance, etc. accompanied by a later colloquium with the artist. The aim of this type of activity is to bring contemporary creation processes, Casa d’Artistes and Arts al Nord projects closer to Minorcan citizenship, as well as to create a space for exchange between sound artists and audiences in order to bring contemporary culture closer to everyone.
- The event will be held during the period of residence and will be coordinated with Es FAR Cultural.
- The artist must have the ability to bill, either as a freelance person, through cooperative, association or other formats. It also accepts that the payment of fees should be at the end of residence.
- The artist will secure the participation during the scheduled (not deferable) dates. Therefore, he or she will have three days to accept or refuse residence through the formal acceptance document that will facilitate the organization.
- Any other expense (local transport, allowances, production of work…) will be borne by the artist.
- The artist accepts the terms of the call and the rules of residence.
- The artist authorizes the use of visual and sound documentation for outreach purposes and as an archive of the Casa d’Artistes and Es FAR Cultural archives.
How to participate?
You must fill in the form and attach a dossier in a single pdf document. The document index will be as follows:
- Briefly motivating letter where the work to be developed is entered (may be newly created or already started work). Maximum 300 words
- Statement of Art (declaration of intent).
- Artistic curriculum (can be in CV format or written biography).
- Display of recent work. If possible, web links or social networks. Maximum 5 pages.
The document may be in Catalan, Spanish or English.
- Deadline for submitting applications: until 30 June.
- Resolution: 3-6 July.
- Acceptance of the residence: between 6 and 9 July.